Personal Protective Equipment is also referred to as “PPE”. It is equipment that is worn to help minimize the exposure to hazards in the workplace that may cause injuries and illnesses. So essentially, it is crucial to have PPE in your workplace!
It is an OSHA requirement to properly train employees to know the following about Personal Protective Equipment:
- When it is necessary to use
- What kind of equipment is necesssary
- How to properly put it on, adjust, wear, and take it off
- The equipment limitations
- Proper care, maintenance, useful life and disposal of the equipment
Always remember that if you as an employer uses PPE, a program should be implemented to ensure that all staff using the equipment is knowledgeable!
Stay safe and remember, WE ARE ALWAYS HERE TO HELP.