As we get closer and closer to the summer days, it is important to educate your team on the possible threats and dangers the heat will expose them to!
Unfortunately, statistics show that in 2014 2,630 workers were diagnosed with a heat illness which resulted in dying from a heat stroke (OSHA).
To prevent such a tragedy and ensure workplace safety be sure to take extra precaution when the temperature outdoors goes beyond 85 degrees Fahrenheit!
Here are some tips to help you and your employees stay safe during this intense summer heat:
- Drink plenty of water, staying hydrated is the key.
- If possible, schedule shifts for the hours of the day in which the heat index is lower.
- When the heat is predicted to be intense, make it mandatory for your staff to take water breaks, and cool down in an air-conditioned area.
- Don’t wear lots of layers! Loose, light clothing will help you survive the heat immensely.
- Look cool and wear a wide hat to protect your face and scalp from the sun. Make sure to apply sunscreen and follow the directions on the back of the bottle as well.
Safety-N-Compliance Services, Inc. is ALWAYS here to help!!
Feel free to call us ANY TIME at 516-690-7233(SAFE) or visit us at http://www.safetyncomplianceservices.com
Have a great day and stay SAFE!!